Friday, January 22, 2010

First week of classes done!

So, I have finished my first week of classes. For the most part I am happy, but I already have a ton of work: Its going to be much harder than last semester as not only I am taking one more class in addition to a PE class, but the work load seems to be pretty heavy. Hebrew classes this week were ok considering half of the people in it including the professor are the same as my last semester hebrew class. The first financial accounting lecture was interesting but I already have a ton of homework to do for Monday. Introduction to International Global Studies and Introduction to The Comparartive Human Societies are both pretty interesting but it feels kind of weird being back in a big lecture setting as all of my classes last semester were under 25 people. The International Political Economy class is interesting but lots of work... 100+ pages of reading per week. Well, It is my first 100 level class, so I guess that makes sense:).

Chess Update: So as I mentioned in my last post, I am going to take a break from tournament chess until a week before the USATE.. I find it will be helpful as over winter-break I played an overwhelming amount. I will take some time to go over those games as I didn't get much of a chance. I shall post some of the interesting games up soon as I just learned how to put up diagrams on here without owning chess-base. I am looking forward to USATE for sure: Team is set: FM Paul Mac Iyntyre on Bd 1, myself on Bd 2, David Plotkin on Bd 3, and Nick Panico on Bd 4... Average Rating 2156. Yankees and Redsox merge forces:)


Music Update: So influenced by the upcoming Beck/Clapton show, Ive been listening to a lot of both of their music lately. Also, Ive been listening to a lot of Isreali music that i recently become aware of. If you know of some good Isreali music ( any genre) please let me know..

No comments:

Post a Comment