Thursday, April 29, 2010

More exciting concerts coming to locations near your this summer!

First of all, I wanted to share some incredible concerts coming up this summer that I hope I get to see:

1)
Beatles are back! There going to open Shea Stadium this summer with a new great show!... No- but I did find a surprisingly somewhat accurate list of the top 50 classic rock bands not surprisingly with the Beatles on top: http://classicrock.about.com/od/recommendationsandreviews/a/top100_bands.htm

I do certainly have some personal criticisms of the list however: please share your opinions.
For example:
- Led Zeppelin should replace Pink Floyd as #2
-The Allman Brothers should replace The Eagles as #6
-Cream should be higher, possibly ranked #9 instead of the Moody Blues although I don't know nearly as mouch about them

Unfortunately, I cant quite buy tickets yet as I don't know where I will be throughout the summer; however, these are some more concerts I want to see:

1) Crosby Stills and Nash and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant stress enough how much I want to see this show that I just found out about today. About a month ago I mentioned on here that I wanted to see Tom Petty but him going on tour with CSN sounds just priceless.. 4 of the best guitarists/songwriters of all time
2) "A modern-day warrior
Mean mean stride
Today's Tom Sawyer
Mean mean pride"!!!!!!!!!!!!
...... Rush!!!! Never saw them live yet and there going on tour for the first time in a few years..
3) "Welcome to the Hotel Califfornia... Such a lovely place, such a lovely place..."
another great band Ive yet to see going on tour... The Eagles!!!

Its hard for me not liking my generation of music. The guys whose music I love aren't going to be around touring for much longer; I have to see them while I can!

1 comment:

  1. List is interesting but highly subjective and oriented more to record sales than influence. Where is the MC5, Fugs, Janis joplin, Quicksilver Messenger Service and Velvet underground to name a few.

    ReplyDelete