Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yankees!! /Concerts for the Summer


Yankees
Whats that boston?: 2-1 Yanks! I knew they would get their act together. Rays will be going down this weekend too:)

Concerts

There's plenty of shows happening this summer.. Unfortunately, I cant really buy tickets yet as I don't know where Ill be throughout the summer as I will teaching chess camps for USA chess.

I. Mountain Jam: June 4-6 - a great music festival up in Hunter Mountain. I went there last year and had a great time. I'm not liking the fact that the Allman brothers aren't playing there this year but if I go again, which is very likely, Ill be very excited for Govt mule again, Derek Trucks, this time with his wife Susan Tedeschi, and Matisyahu among others! Check it out: www.mountainjam.com Heres some pics I took from last year's Mountain Jam:

href="http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_A6Wx9VjG8wk/S75obxWQzGI/AAAAAAAAAF8/nnpWvYzD0F0/s1600/P1020444.JPG">



Notice, what type of hat the great Greg Allman is wearing:)

II. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: one great band who Ive yet to see in Concert. They will be playing at the garden July 28 and elsewhere.. Hopefully Ill get to see them.

III. The Concert as of now that I want to see most!: the one and only......................... Ringo Starr.. Last year I saw the other living Beatle Mcartney... Only makes sense to see Ringo. Last year when I decided to see Mcartney, many people asked me why I was willing to spend so much money as he was not the greatest Beatle. Admittedly, John was my favorite Beatle, but that is is relative statement... Each Beatle wrote his fair share of songs and with out anyone of them some of their greatest songs would never been around.. What would the Beatles be without Mcartney and his countless masterpieces including "Yesterday", "Drive my car", among many others... or would what the Beatles be without Ringo's great work: including the first Beatles song I remember listening to back in 1st grade in Betsy's music class at Churchill!!!!!!!!: "Octupus's garden" Wow, those were the good old days.






No comments:

Post a Comment