Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm alive and seeing lots of great concerts!




Although I haven't posted in the last few weeks, I have been doing quite a lot. After Ringo, I saw Robert Plant down in Little Rock and saw Winwood open for Santana last Sunday. Both of them had their ups and downs but were great shows altogether. More to come soon, (this time I promise:).

I'd post more on them now, but I am exhausted- chess camp does tire you out and the traveling doesn't help. Chesswise, I am in a little bit of a losing streak or in the words of my friend Jeremiah Williams "freefall". I played on Tuesday rather miserably in the Marshall Masters scoring 1/4 and falling just below master. Therefore, I decided to skip out on tonight's 4RGT and Bradley this weekend. I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't play until I fully analyze my games from the Masters and the Thursday before I left to Little Rock and put a few up on the blog. On the other hand, as I walking home today down Broadway a bookseller near Fairways asked me if I wanted to play a game of chess. I did not know the man so I figured he had known me from my blog or had seen me around at tournaments... NOPE I guess he saw me quickly glance at the computer chess board that he was trying to sell for $30. Albeit being tired, I figured it couldn't hurt. After I beat him in about 20 moves, he said I was a "good chess player". Little did he know I was actually coming home from teaching a chess camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment