Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Rambling Man in the DC Area

Lord, I was born a ramblin' man
Trying to make a living and doing the best I can
When it's time for leaving, I hope you'll understand
That I was born a rambling man.
(Ramblin' Man by the Allman Brothers: A shameless plug of one of my favorite songs of all time by one of the best rock bands)


I may have not been "born a ramblin' man, but since May I certainly have been. Since I left to Asia, I have stayed in 11 hotels, went on 12 flights (including conections), and took 4 bus rides.

This past week, I did a camp in Potomac, Maryland and stayed in Gaithersburg. Here are two places I enjoyed eating at in Gaithersgburg:

1) Ricky's Rice Bowl: A small Asian joint in the Gaithersburg Square Shopping Center

At first, I was a bit wary of trying this place as it was Korean owned and had Korean, Japanese, Thai and other kinds of food. Generally, I find places that dont specialize on one cuisine don't make great food. This place was an exception. The two nights in a row that I went there I had peanut chicken and brocoli and it was excellent. It was also reasonably priced at $8.00 for a large portion.

2)The Silver Diner


This diner is located In the Lake Forest Mall of Gaithersburg had a pretty good hamburger and french fries that I ordered. However, I had one complaint:their boombox had one of CSN's best songs spelled wrong!:
It should be Teach Your Children!

The last night I was there, I took the metro to Alexandria to meet my aunt and uncle for dinner. Here is some photos I took along the way including one of a great underground street performer band. I have a new policy that if a street performer actually grabs my attention in a positive manner and I have some change on me, I will give some.




I am now on a bus to Philly to spend my birthday in tradition at the World Open. Look for some upcoming posts on Ringo's concert at Radio City Wednesday night and Little Rock next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment