Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More Tel Aviv/Upcoming Excursion to Haifa

In short, life has been still busy but very good. I've met a bunch of American and other international friends through the overseas program. If I have any regret, its that I haven't met as many Israelis I wanted to. One thing I didn't realize until a few weeks before I got here was that only the Fall semester internationals and the one's who study all year round live with Israelis.

However, the TAU's student union has a cool Buddies program where they pair TAU students with internationals. I had dinner with mine, Yuval, the other night and he's gonna introduce me to more Israelis. Also I've reconnected with one of the ex-soldiers who was on my Taglit Birthright trip. Speaking of which, registration for summer trips is coming up soon: any of you Jews 18-26 who haven't been on an organized trip, nows your time! 10-day free trip- absolutely no cons.

Next week, I will be playing in my second Isreali tournament up in Haifa. My Ulpan friend and I will stay one night and I might stay an extra one... Any advice on places to stay, food, stuff to do etc would be appreciated. I was there for a few hours on Birthright but clearly thats not enough.

Until next time, here's a photo of a funky sculpture/ writing tool that is part of the Diaspora museum on campus. I haven't been around the museum yet but thats definitely on my bucket list:)







1 comment: