Tel Aviv was truely an amazing experience, which I will blog more about in the future. For now, here's a list of important points:
1) It was awesome living half way across the world from home, taking a break from my ":regular" college life in the 'great' land of Waltham
2) It was nice actually seeing places in Israel for more than a few hours at a time as I did on Taglit.
3) I enjoyed becoming better friends with some of the ex-soldiers who were on my Taglit trip.
4) I met some awesome internationals ( mostly Americans though) who were on OSP.
Anyway enough ranting for 1 post.... Heres one game I played the same day I arrived to NY.... Yes, I was insane to arrive in NY from Tel Aviv at 6 AM NY time and that night head out to White Plains to play a tournament.. Fotunatelly things went my way actually bumping my rating back over 2200 as I tied for first in the Quad with the usual nemesis Leif Pressman. Without further adue, I show you my first round madness with the great Michael Amori:
[Site "White Plains YMCA"]
[White "NM Evan Rabin"]
[Black "Michael Amori"]
%Created by Caissa's Web PGN Editor
1. e4 d6 2. d4 e5 3. f4 exd4 4. Qxd4 Nc6 5. Bb5 Bd7 6. Qf2 Nf6 7. Nc3 Be7 8.
Nf3 O-O 9. O-O a6 10. Bd3 Nb4 11. h3 Nxd3 12. cxd3 b5 13. g4 b4 14. Ne2 c5
15. f5 c4 16. g5 cxd3 17. Ng3 Nxe4 18. Nxe4 Bxf5 19. Qh4 d5 20. Ng3 Bg6 21.
Qg4 Rc8 22. Be3 f5 23. gxf6 Bxf6 24. Bd4 Rc2 25. Bxf6 Qxf6 26. Nd4 Qb6 27.
Rxf8+ Kxf8 28. Rf1+ Kg8 29. Qf4 h6 30. Rf2 Qc5 31. Kh2 Rxf2+ 32. Qxf2 1-0
Check back for more of Rabin's adventures soon!