Monday, June 18, 2012

Gregg Allman on Colbert Report/ a Wee Bit of Cincinnati

Fireworks after a home run

Rabin is currently back in chess camp mode in the suburbs of Cleveland. Yes, I indeed will be headed to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame next weekend, before my co-workers and I head to Pittsburgh. Last week, we were in Cincinnati and got a chance to see one of the three Reds-Indians games on Wednesday, June 13.
Frank's Franks at The Great American Ball Park 











The same night  Gregg Allman was a guest on the Colbert Report, promoting his 
new autobiography My Cross to Bear: Gregg Allman on Colbert Report

Click on the link to see the footage yourself but a few lines particularly struck me:



- Gregg Allman- "I don't mind being referred to as a legend. Its a hard one to live up to [though]." 
- Stephen Colbert-" You were married to Cher, right?"... Gregg Allman- " No, she was married to me."

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm going to make any of the shows, given my travel schedule, but Gregg Allman will soon be jamming with the rest of the "brothers" in several awesome shows in August. They've got some individual shows, and some shows with Santana and some others with Lynyrd Skynyrd. 


No comments:

Post a Comment