Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rabin's Prognostics for the 2012 USCL Season's Interdivison Week #2, Part 2!!


I got the following comment of constructive criticism to last night's set of predictions:

Your problem is that you just simply pick the favorites based on whoever has the better title or the better rating. There's not much analysis behind this.
I definitely do think there's some truth that comment. There are definitely times I predict more based then titles and ratings than else when I have to predict results about players I never saw play before. Things change later into the season each year though, when I get to see the "unknowns" get their feet wet.  
On the contrary, what ever my motives were for last night's predictions, I did awesome! I got my 3/4 or 75% match predictions correct and a personal record of 12/20 or 60% game predictions correct. I am now sitting on top of the world! Let's see if I'll have to get down tonight:) 

The Miami Sharks Shall Seek Revenge against New England for Its 2010 Championship Loss 
GM Becerra- GM Shankland 0-1 After I predicted Shanky would draw Becerra in their 2010 Championship encounter, he told me I should have predicted otherwise. Since he played a good amount of solid chess, gaining a fair amount of points in Europe this summer, I'l say my fellow Brandeisian win this time! 
GM Ivanov- FM Rodriguez 1-0 
Alvarez- Wang 1-0 
Pellows- Recio 1-0 
and revenge shall not be claimed: New England wins 3-1 

The Boston Blitz Brings a Heavy Lineup Against Their Nemesis, the Dallas Destiny 
GM Chirila- SM Sammour-Hasbun 0-1
Shmelov- GM Holt 0-1
FM Xiong- Martirosov 1/2-1/2
Liu-Guenther 1-0 
and the Boston Blitz shall score its first win against Dallas! Boston wins 2.5-1.5

The First Date Between the Newbies, The Connecticut Dreadnoughts and the St. Louis Archbishops
GM Hess- GM Finegold 1-0 
IM Kannappan- GM Kekelidze 0-1 
IM Sarkar- IM Bregadze 1/2-1/2 
Karlow- Tanenbaum 1-0 
and Connecticut Shall Win 2.5-1.5 



No comments:

Post a Comment