Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Expected Results of the First Half of the 2012 USCL Season, Week 2!

It's only week 2 and already we're having an interdivision week! I definitely like the idea of having three interdivision weeks this year rather than 1 as in all previous seasons. This week, we will see five sets of teams duke it out for the first time. Without further ado, I give you Rabin's predictions for tomorrow night's matches! Last week I did pretty good; I predicted the results of 6 out of 8 matches 15 out of 32 games correctly.

The Mighty Manhattan Applesauce Shall Try to Even up its Lifetime Score with the Veteran San Francisco Mechanics 

GM Kraai- GM Romanenko 1/2-1/2 I predicted Romanenko would draw last week and he ended up winning a masterpiece to earn Game of the Week; perhaps the combination of my prediction and voodoo will lead him to win another GOTW. However, this game between two solid GMs will likely be a draw!

IM Vovsha- IM Naroditsky 1-0 Not many 16 year olds are geniuses who could write books about positional chess. However, I think a wild theoretical line and tactical complications will lead Vovsha to victory here!

Liou-Shvartsman 1-0. I think these players are about equal in strength but Liou seems to have studied more chess recently as he earned an IM norm at the Metropolitian International in July.

King-Viswanadha 1-0. Viswanadha is an upcoming youngster who I saw win a few good games at the Northern California International this past January; however King is an unstoppable board 4- let's just declare him the 2012 Board 4 All-Star now!

and Manhattan shall indeed even up its lifetime score with SF, Manhattan wins 2.5-1.5

My Homies the NY Knights Duke it Out for the First Time with the Shiny LA Vibe 

GM Gelashvili- IM Matikozyan 1-0. Matikozyan surprised me last year when he beat GM Wolff with black, so any result is possible, but with the GM title and the white pieces, you gotta give Gelashvili the edge!

IM Amanov- GM Lenderman 0-1 Similar logic to the game mentioned above!

Williams-Casella 1/2-1/2 Instincts!

Korba- Barayev 1/2-1/2 Instincts again!

NY defeats LA 1-0 

Another First Date: The Arizona Scorpions vs the Philadelphia Inventors

IM Molner- GM Erenburg 0-1 Mac is indeed a beast but, something tells me Erenburg will defend against his wild attack and take the full point.

IM Bartell- IM Ginsburg 1-0 Bartell will continue the tare he had this summer-- Get'em guy!

FM Adamson- FM Gorman 1-0 Adamson will give the Israeli, now US FM a hard time in his league debut.

FM Dehmelt- FM Atoufi 1/2-12 As Philly will be doing welll on boards 1 and 2, Dehmelt will steer things to a peace. I played Dehmelt two years ago in a 1 day Grand Prix event in Allentown, PA. He was a point ahead of me, so I needed to win just to tie for first. I never had any dream of counter play.

Philadelphia wins 2.5-1.5

The New Joisy Knockouts try to Even-up its Lifetime Score against the Seattle Sluggers

FM Cozianu- GM Benjamin 0-1 Benjamin will obtain revenge for his 2010 loss to Cozianu!

GM Gulko-FM Mikhailuk 1-0 You never know what you're going to get with Gulko ! In 2008/2009, he had a combined whopping 8-0 score. In 2010, he had mediocre 2/5 score. Last year, he drew all three of his games. I think he's going to go back to his winning ways this season!

IM Milat- FM Hansen 1-0. I don't know all that much about either of these players, so I'll go with the higher rated player with the white pieces winning.

Klemm- Collyer 0-1 Similar reasoning to board 3 in this match!

and Seattle remains +1 lifetime against NJ- Drawn Match 2-2 

No comments:

Post a Comment