Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rabin's Prognostics for the 2012 USCL Western Division's Quaterfinals!

I did a pretty lame job predicting the Eastern Quarterfinals. I have to give Manhattan some credit for defeating my beloved Knights in a topsy-turvy match. Manager Shaun Smith was talking a lot of smack about the match and I requested I write an apology for predicting New York would win, if they lost. While I refuse to apologize, I thought I'd at least share our conversation!

 I also got a mere 1/8 or 12.75% of game predictions correct but will take the consolation that I least predicted the correct outcome of the Philadelphia- Baltimore match. 

Let's hope things are better for tonight! It's nice to have some competition now with Ron Young being back with his famous jumbles! 

For my acclaimed Youtube video, I give you Phil Lesh and Friends' encore from last night's show, a rendition of "Not Fade Away." Expect a review of that show to a blog near you soon! 


The Two-Time USCL Champions, The Dallas Destiny vs the Veteran Seattle Sluggers Who Never Quite Made it to the End 

GM Sadorra- GM Akobian 1/2-1/2 Akobian will equalize in a theoretical opening and a draw will be the ultimate result! 

IM Orlov- GM Holt 0-1 Orlov is certainly capable of drawing or beating Holt, especially as he shocked the crowds a few weeks ago, defeating GM Kraai. However, Holt is pretty good at creating complications to win with black. I also think Kraai didn't play his best in that game; out of the opening, it seemed as if he lost the two bishops for no real reason.

Safin- Sinanan 1-0 Anything can happen.. Safin has an incredible 4/4 record this season, while Sinanan has an excellent 5/7 record. With a slightly better record, a higher rating and the white pieces I'll give Safin an edge. 

Lessler- Guenther 1-0 

and Dallas will end Seattle's Season, Dallas Wins 2.5-1.5 

The Experienced Arizona Scorpions Take on the USCL Post-Season Newbies, The St. Louis Archbishops 

IM Molner- GM Diamant 1/2-1/2 They drew in week 9, why not draw again?! 

IM Kannappan- IM Altounian 1/2-1/2 I think Kannappan is a slight favorite to win, but Altounian very rarely loses USCL games! 

IM Mohandesi- IM Bregadze 1/2-1/2 Similar note the above game! I thought Bregadze was a favorite in their week 9 match up, and that was with the white pieces. They drew then, so another one seems likely!

Hendrickson- Chakraborty 1-0 Time for Revenge!

and Hendrickson will lead the newbies to victory! St. Louis Wins 2.5-1.5 





No comments:

Post a Comment