Sunday, August 9, 2015

Thinking of You Jerry after 20 Years!

When Jerry died, I was precisely 5 years and 35 days old so I won't try to say I was a dead head yet. However, since I went to my first Furthur show in 2010, I have been hooked to the Grateful Dead. Only in the last few months have I really got into Jerry's solo stuff.
Add caption
I have been listening to the Jerry Garcia Band 1990 live album over and over again. Some highlights are " The Way You Do The Things You Do", "Deal" and a cover of "Dear Prudence". I've seen Further  and Phil Lesh and Friends cover this song a few times, not knowing it was something Jerry did. 

One of my concert buddies Jordan shared with this acoustic show that he did with John Kahn at no other place than the Oregon State Prison! 

20 Years to date of Jerry's death, we must commemorate his life. Love is Real, Not Fade Away! 



No comments:

Post a Comment