Saturday, July 9, 2016

Tedeschi Trucks Band Headlines 4th Annual Sold-Out Levitate Music Festival!


On Saturday, July 9th, 2016, 10,000 people attended the Sold-Out Levitate Music Festival at the Marshfield Fairgrounds, 40 minutes outside of Boston.  The festival was headlined by Tedeschi Trucks Band and featured performances from Luther Dickinson's North Mississippi All-Star Band, Twiddle, Lettuce and other bands. 

You certainly got a lot of bang for your buck, the tickets only costing $65, even less if you got them Early Bird. I paid a lot more than for each night of Tedeschi Trucks Beacon Run in October. Considering all the other good bands you see, steal Your Face right off you're head! 

Some of the sets, including that of Lettuce and North Mississippi Allstar Band, were too short, being about 45 minutes each If I were to change one thing about the festival, I'd say have 1-2 bands perform less and have each band play at least an hour. 

Here's my review of festival in photos: 


I arrived during middle of Moon Taxi set, when they were playing cover of "All Along the Watchtower" 
This is Mihali Savoulidis, guitarist of Twiddle. They played good mix of reggae and rock. They were at Peach 2015, but I didn't get a chance to see much of set as they were playing at same time as another band I was more interested in seeing. 



I was super excited to see North Mississippi Allstars as I saw Luther Dickinson several times as a guest for the Allman Brothers but never with his own band. Here he is playing a super funky guitar. He did a lot of bluesy rock numbers and added in a lot of shredding and a bit of tapping. 




I took this photo as he was walking off stage. He laughed when I shouted I hope to see him at Beacon with Allman Brothers soon! 




Lettuce without Eric Krasno- Good set but the band definitely isn't as good without Krasno.  

With a new friend that I met in line. Food Truck lines during dinner time were too long; had to miss a lot of Los Lobos set:(

Tedeschi Trucks played a nice rendition of the title track of their new album "Let Me Get By". It is the first time I heard the song live. I'm honestly not a huge fan of the recording but they jammed quite a bit on this one with Elizabeth Lea doing an extended trombone solo. 

Derek and Susan with Dave Hidalgo from Los Lobos!

With TTB, you never what you are going to get: blues, rock, funk, country, etc. Tonight Susan played a nice country cover of Color of the Blues.  Alicia Shakour and Mike Mattison provided backup vocals. I'm a little surprise Susan played electric guitar, not acoustic on this one. 

These are my friends Audrey and Jonathan during Joe Cocker "With a Little Help from My Friends" encore; This was a great song to end their first music festival!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment