Thursday, August 4, 2016

The Nowheremen Play for All Ages in Brookline, MA on 8/3


Image result for brookline summer concert series
On Wednesday, August 3, The Noheremen played for a kids-filled audience in Emerson Garden as part of the Brookline Summer Concert Series. 
Two weeks before, I saw Sir Paul McCartney at Fenway Park (http://adventuresofrabin.blogspot.com/2016/07/sir-paul-mccartney-makes-history-with.html) so I was on a Beatles high.  
Sir Paul had a fair amount of kids at his show but not early as much as The Nowheremen did, perhaps cause the show started fairly early at 6:00 PM. 
The set featured some old mellow Beatles songs like "The Night Before" and some quicker paced danceworthy songs like "Drive my Car" and "Lady Madonna."Lady Mandonna" and a  few other tunes did include soloing. 
I can't complain because it was a free show but the one disappointment I had was when the show abruptly ended at 7:36, when it was advertised to go until 8. I thought they would play an encore or two but the show was indeed over. 
Overall it was a pleasant evening with a decent dose of Beatlesmania, good friends and nice weather.  I get by with a little help from my friends!

I am going to try to see last show of the series, next Wednesday, August 10th a Bluegrass show by Chasing Blue, which will take place in Waldstein Park:

http://cdn.americantownscom.netdna-cdn.com/ma/brookline/events/summer-concert-series-chasing-blue-2016-08-10







1 comment:

  1. I would add that with all of the kids and fun, we decided not to take our usual set break and played straight through, which contributed to the early wrap up. We enjoyed the lovely setting on a gorgeous day!

    John (The Nowheremen)
    www.realnowheremen.com

    ReplyDelete